Recipe by Vraklis
I took Bisquick's Impossibly Easy Vegetable Pie and bulked it up with extra veggies and lowered the fat by substituting fat-free milk and cheese and self-rising flour for the Bisquick. It is a completely delicious and low-cal vegetarian dish that would work for a savory breakfast, a brunch, lunch and I've even served it for dinner. You can substitute cauliflower for the broccoli or try half of each. I just love the broccoli too much to try anything else!
Top Review by zaar junkie
This was pretty good and easy and quick to put together. My boyfriend and I could have easily ate the whole thing for dinner as it was pretty lite. I cooked my broccoli in the microwave in water for 3 minutes and wished I only cooked it for maybe 1 minute or maybe not cooked it before hand at all as in the pie it was mush. I used soymilk with no problems and added a bit of feta cheese, red pepper flakes, and basil to the top. I'm happy the ingredients are easy and I didn't have to go buy bisquick for this recipe. Thanks for posting!
- 3 cups chopped broccoli
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄3 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1⁄3 cup chopped red pepper
- 1 cup shredded fat-free cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup self-rising flour
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400ºF. Spray a 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray.
- Microwave broccoli in a covered dish for 2-3 minutes, or until almost tender. Stir together cooked broccoli, onion, bell pepper and cheese in a medium bowl and transfer mixture to pie plate in an even layer.
- Stir remaining ingredients until blended. Pour over vegetable mixture in pie plate.
- Bake 35 to 45 minutes or until golden brown and knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes.