Recipe by Vraklis
If you thought your days of coconut cream pie were over once you started that diet, then you haven't tried this recipe. It's more or a macaroon-custard-souffle than a "cream" pie, but it is delicious nonetheless. The best part? You don't even have to make a crust for it because it makes its own as it bakes. That's why it's called impossible!
Top Review by Noor.Khalid
This will be made again--it was delicious! To save on calories, I used unsweetened coconut and Splenda instead of sugar. I increased the amount of Splenda by 50% since there was no sugar in the coconut. I also omitted the butter--it wasn't missed. I wish I had doubled the recipe because it didn't last long with my husband's sweet tooth. Thanks for posting!
- 1 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1 tablespoon melted light butter
- 1⁄2 cup self-rising flour
- 1⁄3 cup Splenda granular, sugar substitute
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Spray 9-inch pie plate with butter flavored cooking spray.
- Beat Egg Beaters with milk and light butter. Add flour and Splenda and whisk until smooth. Stir in coconut and vanilla. Pour into pie plate.
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until golden brown and knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool for at least 15 minutes before serving. I prefer to let it cool, then refrigerate it overnight before serving. Cover and refrigerate any remaining pie.
- *If you want this pie to be completely sugar free, you will have to purchase unsweetened coconut or shred your own. You might want to add some extra Splenda as well--to make up for the sugar that's in regular packaged coconut. Also, you can substitute 1 cup egg whites (about 6 or 7) for the Egg Beaters.