Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is my adopted recipe, I haven't made it yet.
- 1 low fat graham cracker pie crust
- 473.18 ml skim milk
- 14.79 ml skim milk
- 2 fat-free chocolate flavor instant pudding and pie mix
- 113.39 g reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 14.79 ml sugar
- 354.88 ml light non-dairy whipped topping, thawed
- 9.85 ml milk chocolate candy bars, grated (garnish)
- Pour 2 cups milk into a medium bowl; add pudding mix. Beat with an electric mixer 1 minute (mixture will be thick). Spread mixture evenly into crust.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar and 1 tablespoon milk with an electric mixer until smooth. Fold in whipped topping on low speed.
- Spread over chocolate mixture; sprinkle with chocolate, if desired. Cover with dome; chill at least 3 hours before serving.
This is a rich yet somewhat healthy pie. I made as is except I used 1% milk instead of skim. The pudding was good being thicker than normal, it went well with the topping that was also thicker than regular cool whip. Made for Fall 2009 PAC.
Lori this was really good....but as an adopted recipe it could use a couple of changes. I made a regular graham crust and and patted it into a 7x11 pan. This pudding mixture was VERY thick with only 1.5 cups milk almost to the point of being rubbery so next time I will add a little more milk. The topping mixture was great with the combo of milk, sugar, cool whip and cream cheese. Everyone gobbled it down and even lower in fat it is very rich!! Thanks Lori for a great adopting a recipe!!