Recipe by hoodphoto
This easy to make recipe uses lower fat options than the original combination of recipes I found online
- 2 (14 ounce) cans artichoke hearts
- 4 cups rotisserie-cooked chicken, diced meat
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 bunch green onion
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups fat-free half-and-half or 2 cups milk
- 2 cups fat free chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 pinch nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Drain artichoke hearts and chop into small pieces, set aside.
- 2. Finely chop green onions, including tops.
- 3. Heat olive oil in frying pan.
- 4. Saute onions, garlic and mushrooms 5-10 minute.
- 5. Stir in flour, cook slowly 3 min, stirring constantly. Add chicken and cook until fully warmed/browning.
- 6. Meanwhile, in large pot, bring half and half (or milk), wine and broth to just before rolling boil.
- 7. Add chicken mixture to liquid in pot. Heat slowly on medium 5 min until starts to thicken; reduce heat to low, add artichoke hearts, pepper, salt and nutmeg. Simmer 15 minute.
- 8. Remove from heat and cool 15 min to thicken.
- 9. Serve with Garlic Bread and enjoy!