Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I am baking for Self-Denial, which is the Salvation Army's annual fundraiser for our missionaries; and my way of helping is to bake something different each Monday. It was sent to me from the Ocean Spray Co. when I sent them comments on anther recipe I had tried recently that I found on their website@ www.oceanspray.ca.
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup applesauce
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 1⁄2 ocean spray fresh cranberries or 1 1⁄2 frozen cranberries, coarsely chopped
- I also added a tsp of cranberry extract, which I had on hand; but you could possibly add cranberry juice or use chocolate extract if you can find it too.
- Preheat oven to 375*F.
- Grease a 12-cup muffin tin.
- Cobine dry ingredients in a medium mixing bowl.
- Combine remaining ingredients, except cranberries, in a seperate bowl.
- Add liquid ingredients to dry, mixing just until the dry ingredients are moist.
- Stir in cranberries.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 of the way full with batter.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until muffins test done.
- Cool 5 minutes in pan; and then remove to wire rack to cool completely.
This was not a vey good muffin. The cranberries are very tart and the muffin is not very sweet to compensate for the tartness of the cranberries. I will not make this again.