Another reduced fat family favorite. I love the creamy sauce!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 bone-in chicken breasts or 8 chicken thighs, skin removed
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 3 teaspoons Hungarian paprika or 3 teaspoons regular paprika
- 1 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon granules
- 2 cups no yolk noodles
- 1/2 cup low-fat sour cream
- 5 teaspoons flour
- 1Rinse chicken and pat dry.
- 2Spray a cold large skillet with nonstick spray.
- 3Heat over medium and cook chicken about 15 minutes until lightly browned, turning a few times to even out browning.
- 4Remove chicken from the skillet and set aside, and if necessary, drain fat.
- 5Place onion, water, wine, paprika, and bouillon granules in the skillet.
- 6Add the chicken and bring to a boil.
- 7Reduce heat, cover and simmer 25 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.
- 8Meanwhile, prepare egg noodles according to package.
- 9Use a slotted spoon and remove chicken from skillet and onto dinner plates.
- 10For the sauce, measure the pan juices.
- 11Add water if needed to make 1 1/2 cups total.
- 12In a medium mixing bowl stir together sour cream and flour, then slowly add pan juices.
- 13Pour into the skillet, then cook and stir until thickened and bubbly, then cook 1 more minute.
- 14Spoon over chicken and serve with the noodles.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Reduced Fat Chicken Paprikash
Serving Size: 1 (278 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 336.3
- Calories from Fat 156
- Total Fat 17.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 104.7 mg
- Sodium 396.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 32.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
no yolk noodles