Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Another reduced fat family favorite. I love the creamy sauce!
Make and share this Reduced Fat Chicken Paprikash recipe from Food.com.
- 4 bone-in chicken breasts or 8 chicken thighs, skin removed
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 3 teaspoons Hungarian paprika or 3 teaspoons regular paprika
- 1 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon granules
- 2 cups no yolk noodles
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat sour cream
- 5 teaspoons flour
- Rinse chicken and pat dry.
- Spray a cold large skillet with nonstick spray.
- Heat over medium and cook chicken about 15 minutes until lightly browned, turning a few times to even out browning.
- Remove chicken from the skillet and set aside, and if necessary, drain fat.
- Place onion, water, wine, paprika, and bouillon granules in the skillet.
- Add the chicken and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer 25 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, prepare egg noodles according to package.
- Use a slotted spoon and remove chicken from skillet and onto dinner plates.
- For the sauce, measure the pan juices.
- Add water if needed to make 1 1/2 cups total.
- In a medium mixing bowl stir together sour cream and flour, then slowly add pan juices.
- Pour into the skillet, then cook and stir until thickened and bubbly, then cook 1 more minute.
- Spoon over chicken and serve with the noodles.
Good! Everyone enjoyed this dish. I used 8 things with the skin and all fat removed, as well as Hungarian paprika. Served with lemon broccoli for a lovely weeknight dinner. Thanks for sharing the recipe!