1/1 Photo of Reduced Fat Banana Cream Pie
I got this recipe from Hallmark magazine
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 7 ounces graham crackers (I used 2 packages)
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons extra- light olive oil
- 1 tablespoon 2% low-fat milk
- 1Make the crust:.
- 2Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- 3In a food processor, process the graham crackers, granulated sugar and cinnamon until finely ground. Add the butter, oil and milk, and process until thoroughly moistened.
- 4Press the crumb mixture into a 9-inch pie plate. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
- 5Meanwhile, make the filling: In a medium saucepan, combine the brown sugar and cornstarch. Whisk in the milk until well combined. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Simmer while whisking until thickened, about 1 minute.
- 6Gradually beat 1/2 cup of the hot pudding into the beaten egg, then whisk the egg mixture back into the pan. Cook until the pudding starts to simmer. Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla. Set aside to cool lukewarm.
- 7Thinly slice 2 of the bananas and fold into the cooled pudding. Spoon the filling into the pie shell, smoothing the top. Slice the remaining banana and arrange decoratively on top of the pie.
- 8In a small saucepan, melt the fruit spread over medium heat. Brush the melted jam over the banana slices. Chill the pie for several hours to firm it up and make easier to slice.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Reduced Fat Banana Cream Pie
Serving Size: 1 (190 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 347.5
- Calories from Fat 112
- Total Fat 12.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 44.1 mg
- Sodium 227.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 34.4 g
- Protein 5.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
apricot fruit spread