- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 2⁄3 cup applesauce
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 1⁄4 cups baking mix
- 1 cup dry oatmeal
- 12 ounces chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Combine butter or margarine, applesauce, sugars, and vanilla in a large bowl, mixing well.
- Add eggs and beat until well blended.
- Add baking mix and mix well.
- Stir in oatmeal and chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into a 9 X 13 greased pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until browned and springy to the touch.
- Cool completely and cut into bars.