This sauce is lower in fat than traditional Alfredo Sauce but full of flavour. Great as a side with grilled chicken or double it for a meal with meat filled pasta.
- The key here is patience, add all ingredients gradually!
- Melt butter in sauce pan on stove top with medium heat.
- Gradually whisk in flour.
- This will create a yellow paste.
- Gradually add milk, whisking until incorporated and no lumps are present.
- Continue to whisk until hot.
- Usually 3-5 minutes.
- The longer you cook the base (without the cheese) the thicker the sauce will be.
- Add parmesan slowly, again whisking until incorporated.
- Add crushed garlic and pepper.
- Cook for 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Remove from heat.