1/2 Photos of Reduced Fat Alfredo Sauce
This sauce is lower in fat than traditional Alfredo Sauce but full of flavour. Great as a side with grilled chicken or double it for a meal with meat filled pasta.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1The key here is patience, add all ingredients gradually!
- 2Melt butter in sauce pan on stove top with medium heat.
- 3Gradually whisk in flour.
- 4This will create a yellow paste.
- 5Gradually add milk, whisking until incorporated and no lumps are present.
- 6Continue to whisk until hot.
- 7Usually 3-5 minutes.
- 8The longer you cook the base (without the cheese) the thicker the sauce will be.
- 9Add parmesan slowly, again whisking until incorporated.
- 10Add crushed garlic and pepper.
- 11Cook for 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- 12Remove from heat.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Reduced Fat Alfredo Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (73 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 91.2
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 17.8 mg
- Sodium 122.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 3.8 g