Recipe by Sue Lau
These are excellent for the holidays as an occasional treat.
Top Review by Debi H
I made as directed except for the nuts as my DH unfortunately can't eat nuts. After the 5 minutes I went to flatten them and saw they had totally flattened and spread out into one another. So I just baked the additional 6 minutes. They weren't the best looking only because they spread out into one another but they were very good tasting. I'll definitely be making them again - thanks Sue!
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup Splenda granular
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda brown sugar blend
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons sugar-free vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour, plus
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 3⁄4 cup sugar-free chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup chopped toasted walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cream butter with Splenda and Splenda brown in a mixer until light and smooth.
- Add egg, cream and vanilla, and mix until incorporated.
- Gradually add flours, baking soda and salt.
- Turn off mixer and fold in nuts and chips.
- Drop mixture by spoonfuls onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 375F for about 5 minutes and flatten slightly with spatula.
- Finish baking a further 6 minutes, OR until lightly browned and set (time depending on size).
- Cool for a minute on pan until they firm a bit, then finish cooling on a wire rack.