1/2 Photos of Reduced Calorie but Delicious Sweet Potato Casserole Low Fat
Marg (CaymanDesigns)'s Note:
In an effort to eat healthier, I modified a family favorite so we could still enjoy it. The rest of the family couldn't even tell the difference! ;) My changes cut the calories by over 220 per serving (based on 6 servings) and the fat by over 50%!!! If you make it as written, 1/6 = 9 pts plus WW or 1/8 = 6 pts WW or 1/12 = 4 pts plus WW (52 points plus for whole recipe according to the recipe builder on their site)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups mashed sweet potatoes (well drained, mashed canned ones are fine)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons melted light butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1Mash the sweet potatoes with ricer and stir in remaining casserole ingredients until well blended.
- 2Spread into a lightly greased 8-inch square dish.
- 3For the topping, mix the brown sugar, flour and pecans together. Drizzle the melted butter over the mixture while stirring to combine. Sprinkle over casserole.
- 4Bake uncovered at 350°F for 35 minutes.
- 5Can be served immediately, but we have found we like it better if it sets 10-20 minutes first.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Reduced Calorie but Delicious Sweet Potato Casserole Low Fat
Serving Size: 1 (167 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 347.9
- Calories from Fat 117
- Total Fat 13.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 70.9 mg
- Sodium 592.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 29.9 g
- Protein 5.8 g