Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This recipe is the original recipe from the great Redstone restaurant in Minneapolis, Minnesota. They are well known for their delicious cornbread and Maple Butter. Absolutely the best cornbread you'll ever taste!!!
- 177.44 ml cornmeal
- 177.44 ml all-purpose flour
- 1.23 ml salt
- 22.18 ml baking powder
- 4 eggs
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 198.44 g creamed corn (1/2 can)
- 56.69 g diced green chilies, drained well (1/2 can)
- 118.29 ml butter
- 118.29 ml shredded monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend
- 453.59 g butter
- 236.59 ml maple syrup
- 2.46 ml kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Mix together all ingredients in the order given.
- Pour into greased 8" or 9" iron skillet.
- Bake 35 minutes. Insert toothpick- if it comes out clean the corn bread is done. If not, continue baking & check every 5 minutes with a toothpick.
- Serve warm with Maple Butter.
- MAPLE BUTTER:.
- Allow butter to soften to room temperature.
- In mixer, (use a paddle attachment if available) whip butter & Salt until creamy.
- Slowly drizzle syrup into mixture until well blended.
Fabulous tasting and easy to make. Most importantly you think you are eating at Redstone! <br/>I took a cue from another reviewer and mixed about 1tbls of softened butter with couple tbls of brown sugar and sprinkled on top of bread before baking. It did give it a nice crusty top. The maple butter makes the bread complete.
OMG this is every bit as good as it is in the restaurant. I used a Calphalon nonstick pan and baked it on a pizza stone which turned out great. Next time I would lavishly butter the pan vs. nonstick spray. I do have to think Redstone sneaks in two sticks of butter. It was simply perfect with chili and Prosecco.
I made these in muffin tins instead of a pan which is great for serving. Amazing recipe!!