This recipe is the original recipe from the great Redstone restaurant in Minneapolis, Minnesota. They are well known for their delicious cornbread and Maple Butter. Absolutely the best cornbread you'll ever taste!!!
- 3⁄4 cup cornmeal
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons baking powder
- 4 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 7 ounces creamed corn (1/2 can)
- 2 ounces diced green chilies, drained well (1/2 can)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup shredded monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend
- 1 lb butter
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Mix together all ingredients in the order given.
- Pour into greased 8" or 9" iron skillet.
- Bake 35 minutes. Insert toothpick- if it comes out clean the corn bread is done. If not, continue baking & check every 5 minutes with a toothpick.
- Serve warm with Maple Butter.
- MAPLE BUTTER:.
- Allow butter to soften to room temperature.
- In mixer, (use a paddle attachment if available) whip butter & Salt until creamy.
- Slowly drizzle syrup into mixture until well blended.