Recipe by Redallnite
I was looking for an old English stew recipe but couldn't find it. So, I did what I remembered and then some. It really came out rather good--if I say so myself.
- 2 lbs of cut beef
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- salt & pepper
- 2 tablespoons oil (any type that you like using)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms (whole)
- 0.5 (20 ounce) bag baby carrots
- 4 -5 small new potatoes, cut up
- 1 -2 onion, cut up large
- 2 (14 ounce) cans beef broth
- 3 -4 tablespoons cilantro, chopped fine
- 2 -3 garlic cloves
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat the cut beef with flour salt and pepper.
- Heat oil and butter and then brown the meat.
- Add about half the onions and carrots when done with meat (this seems to add a texture to the stew).
- Put all the ingredients in the crock pot--except the carrots onions and garlic.
- Cook on low for about 8 to 10 hours.
- Halfway through, add the rest of the ingredients.
- About an hour before serving, add cilantro.