Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Whole wheat pizza dough sweetened with honey.
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup wheat germ
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Place yeast in warm water and allow to dissolve for 10 minutes.
- Combine flour, wheat germ and salt. Add honey and yeast mixture. Stir well.
- Allow the mixture to sit at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Put on a floured pan.
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
Delicious! I have made this 2x now and forgot to rate it. I double the recipe and have had to add about 3/4 cup extra flour each time. I drizzle 2 textured cookie sheets with olive oil and pressed the dough out until it covered the sheet. This last time I added 3 tsp of Pizza Dough Flavor from King Arthur's and it really punched up the flavor. I used honey wheat germ as well. My crusts were a bit thicker since I doubled the recipe so I increased the heat to 375 degrees and that worked out well. Made these using your pizza sauce recipe #249870 - DH and DS said I need never try another recipe :)
WOW! This was fabulous. I was wanting a meatball pizza today, and I have only whole-wheat flour, so I tried this recipe. This recipe completely blew me away. I used 2 Tbs of honey. I made it thin-crust, and got 2 14" pizzas. Definitely my new pizza dough recipe. Simple, quick and delicious!