- 12 oysters, Cleaned
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 yellow onion, small dice
- 1⁄2 lb spinach, fresh
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup pimento cheese
- 1⁄4 lb country ham, cooked and diced
Directions See How It's Made
- Shuck oysters and discard top shells.
- Over medium heat, saute onions in olive oil for 2 minutes.
- Add spinach and saute until tender. (about 3 minutes).
- Season spinach and onions with salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat.
- Spoon 1 teaspoon each of spinach/onion mixture, pimento cheese and country ham over each oyster.
- Bake in preheated 400 degree F oven for 8 to 10 minutes until warm and slightly browned.
- Remove from oven and serve.