1/2 Photos of Redneck Meatloaf
1 hr 15 mins
Redneck Epicurean's Note:
I love a good meatloaf. What Redneck doesn't? The key to a good meatloaf, though is to get the right seasonings, the quality of the meat, and the right binding. Some put vegetables like carrots or other stuff in their meatloaf to trick their kids into eating healthier. A Redneck kid can sniff a veggie out from forty paces and will refuse to eat it. This does not apply to the mixed peas and mashed potatoes thing. This is a favorite recipe of mine. Haven't got a clue where it came from, nor does it matter. It satisfies this Redneck's palate. Give it a try.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce (I usually use home-canned)
- 2 lbs ground beef (the best quality on sale is what I use!)
- 1/2-3/4 cup onion (if you like it, use more)
- 1/4-1/2 cup green pepper, chopped VERY FINE
- 1 cup saltine crumbs
- 1/3 cup A.1. Original Sauce, plus
- 3 tablespoons A.1. Original Sauce (I use the Walmart knock-off, for the sauce, but I never measure, just glug it in)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black peppercorns
- 1 dash salt, if desired
- 1Slip your hands into plastic sandwich bags. This will make clean-up sooo much easier!
- 2In a large bowl, combine the meat, crumbled and mushed up well, the chopped onion, green pepper, saltine crumbs, 1/3 cup steak sauce, eggs, pepper, salt, and half the can of tomato sauce.
- 3Mush this all together (this is where I take out my aggressions). Place in a loaf pan lined with the new release foil. This stuff will save you more time on clean-up. While meatloaf bakes, stir together remaining tomato sauce and steak sauce.
- 4Another tip: If you would rather, pat these out into mini-loaves. If you use a 9x13 pan, you could probably get 4-5 loaves, depending on how big you make them. Kids love their own meatloaf on their plate.
- 5Bake in a 350 degree oven for 45-50 minutes (if making one loaf, less is mini-loaves). Pour off the grease. Coat top with sauce. Bake 10 more minutes.
- 6Let stand a few minutes to cool down.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Redneck Meatloaf
Serving Size: 1 (171 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 281.4
- Calories from Fat 165
- Total Fat 18.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 123.6 mg
- Sodium 282.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 23.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
A.1. Original Sauce
A.1. Original Sauce