Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
my family loves this so I found ways to cut the fat and still enjoy it..
Make and share this Redneck Casserole Lower Fat recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (28 ounce) can baked beans
- 6 -8 fat free hot dogs
- 4 cups tater tots
- 1 cup fat free sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Set your oven to 450.
- 2Dump your can of baked beans (we use Bush's vegetarian) into a casserole dish. (We use a medium sized glass bowlish looking -- thing). Set the dish aside.
- 3Cut up your hotdogs into bite sized pieces and throw those into your casserole dish and mix until dogs are well coated with baked bean sauce.
- 4Cover the bean and dog mixture with tatertots. We usually use a couple handfuls. Use as many as you'd like. Just make sure to cover the mixture completely.
- 5Place the casserole dish in the oven for 1/2 an hour or until tater tots are golden brown. When Redneck Casserole is all cooked up, turn off the oven and sprinkle the top with cheese.
- 6Redneck Casserole is completely done when cheese is melted and you just can't take it anymore -- dig in! (You can mix pretty much anything with this dish. Sour cream, ketchup, mustard, hot sauce, etc.).