Recipe by Chef shapeweaver �
This recipe came about after reading a thread about Spam and Velveeta, so I thought I would come up with this, not bad if I say so myself (but I like Spam and Velveeta :)). The prep time might be a little shorter or longer, had to guess at it.
Top Review by Sewing4Jesus
This is a super recipe when you want something quick, easy, and tasty. I have made it with Spam, and I also made with chopped turkey breast sandwich meat. Both were wonderful.
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (12 ounce) can Spam, diced
- 1 (8 ounce) package pasta (any style)
- 1 1⁄2 ounces Velveeta cheese (cut in small cubes)
- 1 (15 ounce) canof drained peas
- 6 tablespoons canola oil
- 1⁄3 cup of shredded carrot (peeled and washed)
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped white onion
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup flour (self-rising)
- salt and pepper
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a medium sized skillet over medium heat add oil when oil is hot, add Spam, carrots and onion. Stir until Spam is brown and onion and carrots are softened, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat, in same skillet add pasta and peas mix well. In a lightly sprayed 8 by 11 inch dish, add pasta and Spam mixture. In a medium saucepan over medium heat add milk, Velveeta and flour. With wire whisk, whisk until smooth and slightly thickened. Pour over the pasta and Spam mixture, salt and pepper to taste then mix well. Evenly sprinkle shredded cheese over the top bake at 350° until top is golden brown, about 25 to 30 minutes.