Easy to make and the kids love it.
Make and share this Redneck Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (28 ounce) can baked beans
- 6 -8 hot dogs
- 4 cups tater tots
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Set your oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Dump can of baked beans (we use Bush's vegetarian) into a casserole dish. (We use a medium sized glass bowlish looking thing).
- Set the dish aside.
- Cut up hotdogs into bite sized pieces; add to casserole dish, and mix until dogs are well coated with baked bean sauce.
- Cover the bean and dog mixture with tater tots. We usually use a couple handfuls; use as many as you'd like. Just make sure to cover the mixture completely.
- Place the casserole dish in the oven for 1/2 an hour or until tater tots are golden brown.
- When Redneck Casserole is all done, turn off the oven and sprinkle the top with cheese.
- Redneck Casserole is completely done when cheese is melted and you just can't take it anymore; dig in!
- (You can mix pretty much anything with this dish; sour cream, ketchup, mustard, hot sauce, etc.).