Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
A de-LIGHT ful asian oriented one dish meal.
- 2 (6 ounce) redfish fillets, skin on
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 large shallot, sliced to 1/4 inch rings
- 1 carrot, sliced to 1/4 inch rings
- 1 stalk celery, sliced to 1 inch lengths
- 1⁄4 cup dried mushroom, mix
- 1⁄4 cup sweet red wine
- 1 banana leaf, for wrapping cut to fit steamer basket, and to wrap filets
- 7 ounces of 5 minute instant lemon spinach flavored couscous
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lime, halved
- Place the dried mushrooms in a bowl and cover with the red wine to re-hydrate for 20 minutes.
- Lightly dust the fish filets with the paprika and drizzle on the soy sauce and honey. Spread to coat evenly with your fingers. Reserve at room temperature.
- Partially fill a wok with water and place one section of a steamer basket in the wok. Line the basket with a single whole (no tears) banana leaf section. Bring the water to a boil and add the vegetables and mushrooms. Steam for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, wrap each of the filets in separate banana leaf sections and place in a second steamer baskets level. After ten minutes, add the filet level to the stack and steam for an additional 15 minutes. With 7 minutes to go, bring the oil and water to boil, add the couscous, stir, cover, and remove from the heat.
- Fluff the couscous with a fork and plate to one side Lay the opened banana leaf and filet on another side, and finish with the vegetables on a third side. Squeeze the lime on the fish and serve.