Top Review by WhoDat
UNBELIEVABLE!!! I had a 45lb Bull Red, and this worked out great!! I couldn't find jerk seasoning, but I used the liquid marinade and used a cup and double the recipe. WOW!! THANKS!!!
- 1 red fish
- onion powder
- fresh garlic
- salt and pepper
- 1 strong beer
- 1⁄8 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon caribbean jerk seasoning (this is a spice in the spice rack at the grocery store)
Directions See How It's Made
- Start with a fresh caught redfish.
- Fillet the fish leaving the skin and scales on.
- Lay the fillet skin side down.
- Sprinkle on the flesh, onion power, fresh garlic, salt and pepper.
- Rub these in with your fingers.
- Place fish in the fridge for 1 to 2 hours.
- Just before taking the fish out of the fridge, take a sauce pan and add beer, butter, wostershire, garlic clove, Caribbean jerk, and a little pepper.
- Get the grill hot.
- Oil the skin side of the fish.
- Place fish on grill skin side down.
- Baste the flesh with the mixture in the saucepan every 10 minutes.
- The fish should take from 30 to 45 minutes to cook on low to med heat.
- The skin will curl up keeping most of the basting mixture on the meat, keeping it very moist.
- When its time to remove the fish from the grill most of the scales will stay on the grill.