Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a blend of incredible flavors that combine to make this WONDERFUL sauce. It is meant to be served on any kind of pork, ham or pork roast, as well as being used as a GREAT BBQ sauce for cooking, grilling, or smoking ribs, chicken, etc..
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 slices bacon (finely chopped)
- 1⁄2 medium onion (finely chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 3⁄4 cup strong black brewed coffee or 3⁄4 cup espresso
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- coarse salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Melt butter in heavy saucepot over medium heat.
- Add the bacon, onion and garlic and cook until lightly browned, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the coffee, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, molasses and brown sugar and allow the mixture to gradually come to a boil.
- Reduce heat slightly, and allow the sauce to simmer until thick and richly flavored, about 10 to 15 minutes, whisking from time to time.
This was a great BBQ sauce!! Complex...Rich(butter), smokey(bacon), spicy and sticky/sweet (molasses/br. sugar) . I think I may bottle some of this and give away as hostess gifts this summer! Thanks so much for posting, Alan. =)