Recipe by Diplo-mom
There are a few recipes for coleslaw that include blue cheese but this one is a little different. I had this at a friend's cookout and was amazed by the "tang". Even my husband who normally doesn't like blue cheese loved this coleslaw! Cooking time is time in the fridge.
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup good quality mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 cup blue cheese, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 3 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄2 cup chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl combine vinegar and sugar until sugar dissolves. Whisk in mayonnaise, sour cream, mustard, buttermilk, Worcestershire and black pepper.
- Fold cheese into dressing with a rubber spatula, taking care not to break cheese pieces.
- The dressing should be made in advance and refrigerated for at least two hours before blending with cabbage mixture.
- In a large bowl, combine cabbage, carrots and parsley. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Combine dressing and cabbage mix and serve immediately.