Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Another recipe to use the redclaw yabbies we've been catching. Redclaws are apparently closely related to crawfish. This was pretty mild as I didn't want to over power the delicate flavour of the yabbies.
- 125 g rice sticks, noodles
- boiling water (see note about these two at the bottom of instructions)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, halved and cut into wedges
- 1 cup butternut pumpkin, cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste (I used Valcom)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 (400 ml) canunsweetened light coconut milk
- 1 zucchini, halved lenghtways cut into 1/2 inch half moons
- 1 red capsicum, cut into 1 inch dice
- 300 g raw crawfish meat
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander (cilantro)
- Heat the oil and cook the onion and pumpkin cubes gently until the onion is softened.
- Add the curry paste and cook until fragrant-about a minute.
- Add the lime juice, fish sauce, coconut milk and bring to the boil-reduce the heat and simmer with a lid on for about 15 minutes or until the pumpkin is softened.
- When the pumpkin is almost cooked through, add the zucchini and capsicum allowing them about 5 minutes cooking time.
- Just before serving add the crawfish meat and cook a further 2 minutes.
- Divide the softened noodles between two bowls, spoon over the curry and garnish with chopped coriander.
- ****After the pumpkin/onion mix in the pan has been simmering about 5 minutes, pour boiling water over the rice stick noodles and set aside for 10 minutes.