Recipe by JustJanS
I found a recipe for shrimp risotto but changed it quite a bit to suit us. It was a great way to use some more of the beautiful redclaw yabbies we've been catching.
- 4 cups chicken stock or 4 cups fish stock
- 1⁄4 cup butter, divided use
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated lemon peel
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked arborio rice or 1 1⁄2 cups other short-grain white rice
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 250 g crawfish meat
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat stock to boiling-hold on simmer while you make the risotto.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in medium saucepan. Add oil, onion and lemon peel; cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in rice; cook for 1 minutethen add the wine and cook stirring until it's absorbed.
- Add a ladleful of the stock and stir until it's absorbed. Repeat until all the stock has been added and absorbed. This will take about 20-25 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice, pepper and cheese. Stir then cover and allow to stand while you cook the crawfish.
- Melt remaining butter in medium skillet. Cook crawfish meat over medium-high heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until just cooked through.
- Serve crawfish and butter over risotto; sprinkle with Gremolata.
- For Gremolata: Combine 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic, 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh parsley.