Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This cake is so easy to make and is one of my DH's favorite. Tastes better than a zinger that you remember as a child... or even now.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box golden vanilla cake mix
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons raspberry gelatin powder, powder
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk (Eagle brand)
- 1 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon Chambord raspberry liquor (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease bottom only of 13x9 pan.
- Prepare cake batter by beating cake mix, water, oil and eggs in large bowl on low speed 30 seconds, then on medium speed 2 minutes.
- Stir in the raspberry jello powder.
- Pour into prepared pan (13x9).
- Bake aproximately 30 minutes or until golden brown (follow baking time on cake box).
- Remove cake from oven and immediately poke holes all over the cake with a fork and then pour the condensed milk all over the top;.
- spread raspberry preserves over that and let the cake cool completely. (optional: add 1 Tbls Chambord raspberry liquer to preserves).
- Top with Cool Whip and then sprinkle with coconut.
Soooo good! I love raspberry zingers & this tastes just like them.
Quick, easy and tasty.
Okay, hands down, this is a totally delicious cake, especially if you love raspberry and coconut or red zingers like me! You could definitely make this in two 9 inch round cake pans (I did as a very special birthday cake for someone). Absolutely scrumptious! I can't wait to have an excuse to make this cake again!!!