Tessa Scott's Note:
This recipe came from an experiment of mine. I was trying to think of new ways to cook chicken in a healthy way, using as little fat as possible. I noticed the different types of vinegar in my kitchen and decided to try red wine vinegar. The result was wonderful! However for those who don't like the strong taste of vinegar you can use less, or use a stronger tasting spaghetti sauce.
My Private Note
main co ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Fill a large sauce pan with water on high heat.
- 2Allow to boil and add pasta.
- 3Cook until al dente and rinse with hot water.
- 4Set aside.
- 5Heat a non-stick frying pan with oil on med heat.
- 6Place chicken breast in pan with 1/3 of vinegar.
- 7Cook chicken turning over until chicken is cooked through.
- 8Allow chicken to lightly simmer in vinegar by pouring vinegar over top of chicken while cooking.
- 9When chicken is cooked through remove carefully from pan and cut into strips, returning to pan on lowest setting to keep warm.
- 10(Its alright to allow the chicken to slightly brown, but do not allow to dry out). Empty can of spaghetti sauce into sauce pan.
- 11Over medium heat stir until heated through.
- 12(Add any chopped vegetables to make a chunkier sauce- such as chopped tomatoes, green pepper, onion, zucchini, broccoli, carrots, etc.) Add chicken to sauce before serving.
- 13(Alternatively add sauce to pasta and sprinkle pieces of chicken over top).
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red Wine Vinegar Chicken With Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (296 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 572.2
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 11.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 48.4 mg
- Sodium 463.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 83.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 11.3 g
- Protein 29.0 g