Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe came from an experiment of mine. I was trying to think of new ways to cook chicken in a healthy way, using as little fat as possible. I noticed the different types of vinegar in my kitchen and decided to try red wine vinegar. The result was wonderful! However for those who don't like the strong taste of vinegar you can use less, or use a stronger tasting spaghetti sauce.
- Fill a large sauce pan with water on high heat.
- Allow to boil and add pasta.
- Cook until al dente and rinse with hot water.
- Set aside.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan with oil on med heat.
- Place chicken breast in pan with 1/3 of vinegar.
- Cook chicken turning over until chicken is cooked through.
- Allow chicken to lightly simmer in vinegar by pouring vinegar over top of chicken while cooking.
- When chicken is cooked through remove carefully from pan and cut into strips, returning to pan on lowest setting to keep warm.
- (Its alright to allow the chicken to slightly brown, but do not allow to dry out). Empty can of spaghetti sauce into sauce pan.
- Over medium heat stir until heated through.
- (Add any chopped vegetables to make a chunkier sauce- such as chopped tomatoes, green pepper, onion, zucchini, broccoli, carrots, etc.) Add chicken to sauce before serving.
- (Alternatively add sauce to pasta and sprinkle pieces of chicken over top).
Cooking the chicken in the vinegar made it so tender and slightly tangy! LOVED IT! and it was so easy to make.
VERY EASY to make, and quick. I'm trying it tonight for me & my husband, he's picky so hopefully he'll like it. I've also added a length of bratwurst (whole)just for him since I thought it sounded good with the red wine vinegar in the sauce and all. If it is good I'll let you know :)