Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I found this in the weekend magazine. I noticed no one had posted this recipe, and I thought it looked good.
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 6 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed (optional)
- Whisk together everything except olive oil.
- Slowly drizzle in oil, whisking until thickened.
- Add the garlic cloves, if desired, and let them flavor the vinaigrette overnight.
- Bring to room temperature before using.
This was simple to whip up. I used about 1 tbs mustard. This was just right over romaine, oranges, and avocado, and red onion. Thanks Chill, for posting. Roxygirl
Mmmm, tasty! I've been making my own vinegar but hadn't used any of it yet. Was dying to try a recipe with my homemade red wine vinegar! Thanks, this was just the ticket. It's good but I feel like it's missing just a little something. Some kind of herb or something? I think this a great base dressing for someone who likes to play with herbs. It's simple and I like it! I think I'll use half the Dijon next time I make it and see how that goes.
This tasted very much like a store bought that I love so I was very happy to find this recipe. Flavours blend well. I used the garlic as we are very fond of it...LOL :)