Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
,,,friom MyRecipes.Com = this is really good!
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup dry red wine
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) canspetite diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 12 ounces uncooked thin spaghetti
- 1 (4 ounce) package mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- chopped fresh basil
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Sauté garlic in hot oil in a large skillet over medium heat 1 minute or until lightly browned. Carefully stir in wine and next 5 ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 20 minutes or until thickened.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Stir together hot pasta, mozzarella cheese, and 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese in a large serving bowl, tossing to coat until cheeses start to melt. Pour tomato sauce over pasta mixture, and toss to combine. Serve immediately with desired toppings.
- Red Wine-Tomato-and-Steak Pasta: Prepare sauce as directed. Stir 2 cups thinly sliced cooked steak into tomato mixture before simmering. Simmer 20 minutes or until thickened. Substitute 12 ounces penne pasta for thin spaghetti.
- White Wine-Tomato-and-Clam Pasta: Prepare sauce as directed, substituting dry white wine for red wine. Stir in 2 drained (6.5-ounce) cans chopped clams to tomato mixture just before tossing with pasta mixture.