Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Different pastas can be substituted for the thin spaghetti if desired.
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) canspetite diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 ounces uncooked thin spaghetti
- 1 (4 ounce) package mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Saute garlic in hot oil in a large skillet over medium until lightly browned. Carefully stir in wine and next 5 ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until mixture thickens slightly.
- Cook pasta according to package and drain. Stir together hot pasta, mozzarella cheese, and 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese in a large serving bowl, tossing to coat until cheeses start to melt. Pour tomato sauce over pasta mixture and toss to combine.
- Serve with chopped fresh basil and freshly grated Parmesan if desired.
Thank you for a very lovely recipe. The basic marinara sauce which I served with a fresh linguini and crusty bread from our farmers market.