Prep 25 mins
Cook 6 hrs 30 mins
This recipe is delicious on a cold winters night and quite simple to make.If you only have a small slow cooker half the ingredients.
- 2 lbs stewing beef, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 large onion, sliced.
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped.
- 2 (3/4 ounce) packages beef gravy mix
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, drained.
- 1 teaspoon crushed dried chili
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup sliced carrot
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole baby green beans
- 3⁄4 cup red wine
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups Bisquick
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried sage
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- Put meat in a plastic bag,add gravy mix and shake well to coat.
- Place onion, green beans, carrots and garlic into 4-6 quart slow cooker.
- Top with coated meat.
- Mix all ingredients that are left except Herb Dumplings.
- Pour into cooker.
- Cover and cook on Medium heat setting 6 hours or until meat is tender.
- To make Dumplings, Mix Bisquick, thyme and sage.
- Stir in milk until Bisquck is moistened.
- When stew is cooked, drop dough by spoonfuls into hot beef mixture.
- Cover and cook on High heat setting 25 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of dumplings comes out clean.
- Serve and Enjoy.