Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This red wine sangria recipe is perfect for warm summer days, picnics and barbecues. Of course it goes perfectly with Mexican food, but try it with steak or hamburgers too.
- 2⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 (26 ounce) bottle dry red wine (or non-alcoholic)
- Strain the juices into a half-gallon glass pitcher. Stir in the sugar until the sugar is dissolved. Stir the wine into the juice mixture. Add ice if desired.
- Garnish with lemon and orange slices if desired.
- It's optional but makes a beautiful presentation and adds more flavor as the citrus slices sit in the drink mixture.
- Makes 4 cups.
- Recipe courtesy of http://www.cookingnook.com.