patticakes #3's Note:
i have to give full credit to BecR for this recipe. my family and i love her sangria #112772 so much that i have to make it in larger quantities as our neighbors clamor for it, too! i am posting the quantities i use to make lots more than BecR's original recipe. this is a red wine and citrus sangria and served best when chilled. it looks pretty in wine glasses with ice and slices of the fruit, too. thanks, BecR!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1first of all, this will not all fit in a big tupperware pitcher. to make this work, pour about 2/3 of the jug of wine into the pitcher. add all the other ingredients except for the sliced fruit.
- 2(alternative: mix up all ingredients except the burgundy. pour half into each of two large pitchers. then pour half the burgundy into each pitcher. stir well before pouring. yes, we actually drink this all fairly quickly with a party here or lots of neighbors!).
- 3i make a simple syrup using the 1 1/2 cups sugar and 1 1/2 cups of water and follow a recipe zaar recipe, of course. this only takes about 5 minutes. let the syrup cool before adding it to the pitcher.
- 4if you can manage to wait a whole day, make this the night before. it's good after it sits and chills. we can't wait that long and start icing our glasses and enjoying it right away!
- 5to use up the rest of your burgundy, pour the glasses 1/3 full of burgundy before you add the sangria when you are pouring the first bunch of glasses. when you think the remaining wine will fit in the pitcher, pour it in to the pitcher. don't forget to stir it all up.
- 6i arrange the sliced fruit on a pretty plate when i am serving this sangria.
- 7your friends and neighbors will love you if you share this with them!
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red Wine Sangria for a Party
Serving Size: 1 (280 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 255.4
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 18.7 g
- Protein 0.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: