Red Wine Risotto With Chorizo - 2-Qt. Pressure Cooker
- Over medium heat, render chorizo in pressure cooker. Remove chorizo but leave fat.
- Add olive oil and onions. Cook until the onions become translucent.
- Add the rice and stir for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the wine and cook until reduced. Add the stock.
- Secure the lid. Bring to high pressure, and turn heat to medium (or possibly lower) to stabilize at lowest temperature at which high pressure is maintained. From moment that high pressure was reached, cook for 5 minutes. Refer to your pressure cooker manual to check advised cooking times.
- Remove from heat. For Fagor, release pressure using cold water method. For other pressure cookers, follow recommended method for quick pressure release.
- Remove lid. Mix in the butter, cheese, peas, (herbs if any) and chorizo. Mix for a minute and season with salt and pepper to taste.