Entered for safe-keeping, from Fagor recipe library. Fagor is a 15 psi p.c.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 small white onion, minced
- 1 cup chorizo sausage, minced (sweet chorizo, not spicy)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup carnaroli rice or 3/4 cup arborio rice
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 2 cups warm chicken stock
- 1 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese, grated (100 g)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed and drained or 1 cup fresh peas, picked over and rinsed and drained or 1 cup canned peas, rinsed and drained
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1Over medium heat, render chorizo in pressure cooker. Remove chorizo but leave fat.
- 2Add olive oil and onions. Cook until the onions become translucent.
- 3Add the rice and stir for 3-4 minutes.
- 4Add the wine and cook until reduced. Add the stock.
- 5Secure the lid. Bring to high pressure, and turn heat to medium (or possibly lower) to stabilize at lowest temperature at which high pressure is maintained. From moment that high pressure was reached, cook for 5 minutes. Refer to your pressure cooker manual to check advised cooking times.
- 6Remove from heat. For Fagor, release pressure using cold water method. For other pressure cookers, follow recommended method for quick pressure release.
- 7Remove lid. Mix in the butter, cheese, peas, (herbs if any) and chorizo. Mix for a minute and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top Short-Grain Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Short-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red Wine Risotto With Chorizo - 2-Qt. Pressure Cooker
Serving Size: 1 (234 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 674.7
- Calories from Fat 343
- Total Fat 38.1 g
- Saturated Fat 16.2 g
- Cholesterol 83.2 mg
- Sodium 1304.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 28.8 g