Recipe by BearsFanJeff
This savory marinade compliments one of the most delicious cuts of beef. The flavor is a little sweet, a little zesty, with just the right amount of vino! It will have you singing, "Red, red wine...stay close to me."
Top Review by breezermom
I did use an outdoor grill, and marinated for 8 hours. I didn't really taste the horseradish, even though I added it to the marinade. I really enjoyed this steak as posted, but think I'll reduce the brown sugar a bit next time. I'd like to taste more of the meat and bang from the horseradish. Thanks for sharing a great grilling recipe! Made for PAC Spring 2012.
- 3⁄4 cup red wine
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon horseradish
- 3 tablespoons seafood cocktail sauce
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 -2 1⁄2 lbs boneless rib eye steaks, at least 1 inch thick
Directions See How It's Made
- Place ribeyes in a freezer bag or large bowl.
- Wisk together remaining ingredients in a small bowl.
- Pour half of the marinade over the steaks. Cover and reserve the other half.
- Marinate steaks in the refrigerator for at least one hour and up to overnight. The longer the steaks marinate, the more they will take on the purple color of the wine.
- Grill steak to desired doneness, about 7 minutes on each side for medium.
- Brush steaks with reserved marinade while grilling.
- Pour any remaining marinade over steaks before serving.