1 hr 5 mins
Easy and delicious. This is extremely flavorful, so you can dial down the spices a bit, but it is amazing! I use an electric PC, but I also have a stove top, and I think the times would be the same for either. Cut the pieces into serving pieces beforehand, so each is browned and simple to serve. Use a drinkable red wine. I buy box wines to keep on hand for cooking, and they are perfect for this. I serve this with garlic roasted mashed potatoes and honey-glazed carrots.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a separate dutch oven on the stove (or in the PC if using a non-electric one) brown all of the meat in oil. Get a really good sear on all sides.
- 2Transfer meat to PC, and deglaze the pan with red wine, stirring to get up ll browned bits.
- 3Add the wine to the PC.
- 4Add remaining ingredients except water and cornstarch.
- 5Cover PC and bring to high pressure. Cook for 60 minutes, and let pressure release naturally.
- 6Open cover, remove meat and let rest covered with foil.
- 7Make a slurry with cornstarch and water, and add to liquid in PC. Increase heat if needed to bring to boil, and whist until thickened.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red Wine Pot Roast (Pressure Cooker)
Serving Size: 1 (270 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 516.0
- Calories from Fat 166
- Total Fat 18.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 187.1 mg
- Sodium 806.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 62.0 g