Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Luxurious sauce for steak, we also like it with grilled chicken breast. From Fine Cooking.
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped shallot
- 1 cup low sodium beef broth or 1 cup chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup red wine
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard, preferably grainy
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- In a medium sauté pan, heat 1 Tbs. of the butter over medium heat. Add the shallots and cook, stirring often, until softened but not brown, about 2 minutes. Add the broth, wine, vinegar, and mustard. Increase the heat to high and bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Boil until reduced to 1/2 cup, about 9 minutes.
- Off the heat, whisk in the remaining 3 Tbs. butter. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve warm.
This red wine pan sauce was amazing and very easy to make. We enjoyed it over seasoned grilled turkey breasts. I used a nice merlot for the red wine and chicken broth since I was serving over poultry. This is going into my list of keepers. Thanks so much. Made for ZWT7
Awesome! I made this to go over my filet mignon for Father's Day and was this ever impressive! I used Grey Poupon as I didn't have any particularly grainy mustards available and a Berenger Cabernet for the wine. Thanks "teammie" for another great recipe! :)
My eyes are closed and all I can manage to say is: "Oooooooooooooooooooohhhhh"! That rib eye steak had no idea....