Recipe by Chef PotPie
Luxurious sauce for steak, we also like it with grilled chicken breast. From Fine Cooking.
Top Review by Dr. Jenny
This red wine pan sauce was amazing and very easy to make. We enjoyed it over seasoned grilled turkey breasts. I used a nice merlot for the red wine and chicken broth since I was serving over poultry. This is going into my list of keepers. Thanks so much. Made for ZWT7
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped shallot
- 1 cup low sodium beef broth or 1 cup chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup red wine
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard, preferably grainy
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium sauté pan, heat 1 Tbs. of the butter over medium heat. Add the shallots and cook, stirring often, until softened but not brown, about 2 minutes. Add the broth, wine, vinegar, and mustard. Increase the heat to high and bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Boil until reduced to 1/2 cup, about 9 minutes.
- Off the heat, whisk in the remaining 3 Tbs. butter. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve warm.