Prep 3 mins
Cook 4 mins
This is so quick and easy and a fantastic way to use up any (unusual in my house!) left over wine. Delish on toast or as a side dish - feel free to use white wine instead or sherry.
- 1 lb small mushroom
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic granules or 1 fresh garlic clove, minced
- 4 tablespoons red wine
- allow butter to melt into the olive oil in a frying pan.
- meanwhile slice the mushrooms to whatever thickness is your preference.
- add mushrooms to pan and toss well in the oil and butter mix.
- add garlic and season with salt and pepper.
- add wine and stir well, allow to cook for 4-5 mins until mushrooms have taken up all the wine and are glazed with the oil and butter mix.
- (also nice if you add a few halved cherry tomatoes with the garlic).
Super delicious and simple. Wonderful recipe -- Thanks!!
I made these to go with a wonderful filet tonight. I made a half batch, but I used 3 tbsp of wine, because it just looked too dry with 2 tbsp. I tried them about 1/2 way done, and found they really lacked in flavor. I added Cavendar's Greek Seasoning and was very tempted to add some Worcestershire, as this is how I usually do my mushrooms. But I didn't and they did turn out very tastey, once I added the Greek seasoning. I love mushrooms, and these were a welcome addition to our dinner. Made for ZWT5.
These were good and I usually taste things a bunch of times while I'm cooking but for some reason didn't this time. So anyway, once they were done and removed from the pan I had a couple and realized they needed more flavor and salt. So I threw them back in the pan and tossed them with a bit of Worcestershire sauce and some extra salt... the result was much better. I served these on burgers last night and then today I mixed the leftovers in with rice and caramelized onions which was really yummy :) Made for ZWT5.