Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is the easiest, fastest, yummiest, most versatile sauce I have ever tasted. You can put it on almost anything! I am putting it on here with the original chicken broth base, but just by changing the broth to a beef broth, it can be used on top of red meat dishes as well....and anything else you can think of. I'm putting it up on here because I keep misplacing it.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup onion, minced
- 2 cups button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1⁄2 cup dry red wine
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Add the diced onions and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and continue to saute until mushrooms begin to soften (about 2 minutes).
- Stir in the chicken broth and tarragon. Raise the heat to med-high, cooking until mushrooms are tender (about 3 minutes).
- In a small cup stir together the wine and cornstarch. Add mixture to the sauce and raise the temp to high and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook until thickened.
- Remove from heat, cover and keep warm.