Wonderful steak sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8 ounces button mushrooms, trimmed and sliced thin (about 3 cups)
- 1 small shallot, minced (about 1 1/2 tbsp.)
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into 4 pieces
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme leave
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1Heat oil over medium-high heat until just smoking.
- 2Add mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until beginning to brown and liquid has evaporated, about 5 minutes. Add shallot and cook, stirring often, until beginning to soften, about 1 minute. Increase heat to high; add red wine and broth.
- 3SImmer rapidly until liquid and mushrooms are reduced to 1 cup, about 6 minutes.
- 4Add vinegar and mustard; cook until thickened, about 1 minute.
- 5Off heat, whisk in butter and thyme; season with salt and pepper. Spoon sauce over steaks and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red Wine Mushroom Pan Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (670 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 788.4
- Calories from Fat 433
- Total Fat 48.1 g
- Saturated Fat 17.3 g
- Cholesterol 61.0 mg
- Sodium 2892.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.7 g
- Sugars 10.9 g
- Protein 21.6 g