Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 hrs
I made this marinade to get rid of a partial bottle of wine and some fresh herbs that needed using. It turned out to be the best steak I've ever made. Cooking time is marinating time.
- 1⁄2 cup red wine (cabernet sauvignon)
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon rosemary, chopped
- 1 tablespoon thyme, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 rib eye steaks (we used THICK cut, like 2 inches!)
- Whisk together all ingredients but the steak. Pour into a large ziplock bag. Add steaks and smoosh them around to coat. Allow the steak to marinate in the fridge for several hours. Mine went about 8, but I think you could do overnight.
- Allow steak to come back to room temperature so the meat cooks evenly. Grill on a charcoal grill to your desired doneness.
This marinade was so good. One of the best I have ever tried. I got and encore on this one. I didn't have any honey and I used dried herbs instead of fresh and it still came out delicious. Will do again.