Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup red wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- In measuring cup, whisk together oil, wine lemon juice, thyme, pepper and garlic.
- Place beef in plastic bag or shallow glass dish.
- Pour marinade over top; seal bag refrigerate for 2 to 6 hours.
The marinade was delicious, but I made a reduction or steak sauce with one cup of the extra marinade using two table spoons of brown sugar about a table spoon of stone ground mustard and three table spoons of soy sauce. Compliments the very light taste with a tart zesty punch of flavor. Put all ingredients in a pan and simmer for about 15 minutes stirring frequently! Delicious.
the flavor was definitly commendable... even my sister in law loved this and she hates the falvor of red wine