Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is the most wonderful gravy for roasted beef or lamb! it has a strong flavour and suits most roast vegetables too! Enjoy this combined with caramelised onions
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1 1⁄2 cups red wine
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Lightly brown the garlic in oil.
- Add all the other ingredients and lightly boil until reduced to 1/3, about half an hour.
- Optional but very good! add a half carrot, 1/4 onion and some celery or leek to add flavour.
- Strain the jus and serve hot over meat and vegetables.
- Remember, you can vary this recipe by adding caramelised onions!
Easy to make and foolproof. I add saut?ed mushrooms just before serving and sometimes caramalised red onions
A lovely way to jazz up a steak dinner, thanks for posting!