This is the most wonderful gravy for roasted beef or lamb! it has a strong flavour and suits most roast vegetables too! Enjoy this combined with caramelised onions
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Lightly brown the garlic in oil.
- 2Add all the other ingredients and lightly boil until reduced to 1/3, about half an hour.
- 3Optional but very good! add a half carrot, 1/4 onion and some celery or leek to add flavour.
- 4Strain the jus and serve hot over meat and vegetables.
- 5Remember, you can vary this recipe by adding caramelised onions!
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red Wine Jus Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (145 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 129.6
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 451.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 1.5 g