Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Beef, it's what's for dinner.
- 2 beef bottom round steaks, steaks, cut 1 inch thick (western griller, 12 to 16 ounces each)
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Combine marinade ingredients in small bowl. Place beef steaks and marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn steak to coat.
- Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 6 hours or as long as overnight, turning occasionally.
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Remove steaks from marinade; discard marinade.
- Place steaks in skillet; cook 16 to 17 minutes for medium rare doneness, turning twice. (Do not overcook.) Carve steaks into thin slices.
The meat was very tender and the recipe was super easy to make. The flavor had an interesting twang to it. The smell of vinegar turned me off a bit but I think I've had a lifelong issue with vinegar. :)