- 2 beef bottom round steaks, steaks, cut 1 inch thick (western griller, 12 to 16 ounces each)
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine marinade ingredients in small bowl. Place beef steaks and marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn steak to coat.
- Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 6 hours or as long as overnight, turning occasionally.
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Remove steaks from marinade; discard marinade.
- Place steaks in skillet; cook 16 to 17 minutes for medium rare doneness, turning twice. (Do not overcook.) Carve steaks into thin slices.