This richly flavoured red onion and wine gravy is excellent with home-made bangers and mash
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat a frying pan over medium-low heat. Add the olive oil and butter.
- 2Once the butter has melted add the onions and garlic. Gently fry for at least 15 minutes, stirring regularly, until the onions are very soft.
- 3Stir in the flour, mixing thoroughly.
- 4Gradually add the stock, stirring constantly.
- 5Pour in the wine, continuing to stir.
- 6Add the herbs and simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring now and again.
- 7Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red Wine, Herb and Onion Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (1259 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 219.5
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 9.5 mg
- Sodium 238.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 4.9 g