Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Basic gravy for roast meats of all kinds.
- 1⁄4 cup pan juices
- 1⁄4 cup red wine
- 1 tablespoon orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 cup beef stock or 1 cup water
- salt and pepper
- Skin excess fat off pan juices.
- Place dish on stovetop and heat on medium. Add red wine scraping down pan, add marmelade. Cook 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir in flour. Cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat. Gradually blend in stock.
- Return to heat, cook stirring constantly until gravy boils and thickens simmer for 3 minutes then season.